User Picture Tuner is a small application that allows you to change several interesting features of the User Account Picture in the Windows 7 Start Menu. You can customize the behavior and appearance of the user picture aka “avatar” and it’s frame.
The first option lets you change the User Picture frame. The application comes with some built-in frames that you can use to change the frame of your Start Menu User Picture to make it more attractive. Check out the image of my computer’s Start Menu given below. As you can see I have changed my User Picture frame successfully using this app.
- Delay before the animation will starts;
- Fade out delay – how is long “old” icon will be visible before it will be replaced with “new” one.
- Fade in delay – how is long “new” icon will be faded out before it will take it usual visibility.
- You can completely disable transition animations. Use the small link “Disable all animations”.
- Change the user picture frame. You can replace the default frame around your avatar with a custom image. Sure, you can restore the default user frame by clicking the “Restore” button.
Note: Windows Explorer restarts after you apply changes. Note that you need Administrator’s rights to change the user account picture frame.
User Picture Tuner in Action