MAC (Media Access Control) address is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. MAC Address is widely used to identify a device or a computer in a network as it is difficult to change or spoof MAC Address.
MAC address format
Examples of a MAC addresses are:
How To Find MAC Address
Check MAC Address in Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Visa/7 :
- Click on START
- Go to ACCESSORIES
- Select Command Prompt
- Type : (without quotes) “ipconfig /all“
- Type : getmac
Look for the adapter you want to find the MAC address of. The MAC address is the number (in standard hex format) located next to “Physical Address” in the list.
How To Change MAC Address on A Network Adapter on Windows 7 With [Win 7 Mac Address Changer]
Win7 MAC Address changer is a freeware which changes the MAC (Media Access Control) Address of any network adapter (Wired/Wireless) in a click of a button. This software can be used to resolve technical difficulties where changing the MAC Address is the only solution and in situations where some range of MAC Addresses are not allowed to connect to a network.
Features of Win7 MAC Address Changer are,
- Very easy to use with very simple interface.
- No installation Needed.
- Very small in size (76kb when zipped),which makes it easy to carry around in a pendrive.
- Generate Random MAC Address using Random MAC Address Generator.
- Both Wired and Wireless Network Cards from all vendors are Supported.
- Fully compatible with Windows 7 all editions.
- MAC Address can be reset to default by using the reset button.
- All Settings of the application can be reset to default.
- A user can undo his actions by referring to log files.
- Quick system information can be obtained by System Information Module.
It’s also a portable tool that doesn’t require the installation process. You can easily just go download the tool and run it as you go.
Step 1: You can select which Operating Systems you are using, and either type in your own MAC address or Randomize one by the program.
Once all set, click on Change.
Step 2: You need to either disable/enable the Network Adapter or reboot your computer to have the change taken effect.
As you can see, Win7 MAC Address Changer supports all three major Windows systems, XP, Vista, and Windows 7.