The Microsoft’s latest OS Windows 8 is now introduced latest “Store” feature which seems like Google Play or Apple’s App Store. Now you are given the facility to download and install numerous interesting apps free of charge or charged by using Windows 8 Store. .
Windows 8 is not introducing with many pre-installed or built-in apps such as Mail, News, Finance, Sports, Maps, Weather, etc. You can uninstall the app by right-click on the app and select “Uninstall” option from the bottom bar as mentioned here if you don’t wish to have built-in app.
The difficulty arises in uninstalling an app as no method is given to restore default apps in Windows 8 Start Screen. Neither any option in Start Screen to re-install those uninstalled apps is found.
To cope with this issue, millions of emails were received from RITS readers. We managed to resolve this issue anyhow. These are the ways help you re-install built-in apps in Windows 8 if you uninstalled them in past.
How To Restore Accidentally Uninstalled Built-in Apps in Windows 8
1. Proceed to Windows 8 Start Screen and launch Store.
2. Once Store opens, by right clicking in empty space, you’ll see option at top to access “Your Apps” as shown in following screenshot:
3. Click on it and you’ll be asked to sign in. Sign in using your Windows Live ID. Within few moments you will see a screen containing list of built-in apps which have been uninstalled.
4. Chose your desired app which you need to restore by clicking it and then click on “Install” button given at the bottom.
5. After few moments selected apps will be installed back.
[box type=”note” align=”aligncenter” ]Do you use those built-in apps in Windows 8? Which one is your favorite? Feel free to share your experience. [/box]